Sunday, August 24, 2014

Feeling adventurous

Hello again!

My dad is really big on the whole hiking thing, and seeing as the alps are basically in our front yard, that does make sense. I on the other hand, am more of a lazy person, I'd rather snuggle up in front of the TV than walk up mountains. But I've decided that I want to be more active, so when my dad asked me if I wanted to go with him on his next hike, I said yes before my brain could stop me.

It was really fun actually. I probably talked way too much, but there's not much more to do while hiking so I just talked and talked. It was nice to have a little one on one time with my dad, he works a lot so I don't see him too much during the week. The hike we went on was 19 km in total and it took us four and a half hours, including our coffee break at the hut on top.

Speaking of which, I had the most amazing cheesecake I've ever eaten! It was so good! To go along with it I had fresh buttermilk, which was also superb. My dad had an apple and rhubarb crumble which was quite nice as well. There's not too much more left to say, so I'm going to leave the talking up to the pictures, those are more fun to look at anyway.












xoxo
Laura

P.S. I do apologize for all of the grammatical mistakes I'm making. I'm horrible at punctuation (commas!) etc. 

No comments: