Friday, November 21, 2014

Peanutbutter Cupcakes


Everyone: It's peanutbutter - jelly time! Peanutbutter - jelly, peanutbutter - jelly.....
(Imagine song in head and dance along weirdly - might wanna make sure no ones watching you first though).

Ok ok, I'll stop, don't worry. Now to be honest, there's no jelly in this cupcake. It's just plain ol' peanutbutter with a decadent semi-dark chocolate and nougat frosting. And yes, nougat means Nutella.

Basically, my brother lives off of peanutbutter. He usually finishes a glas a week. Now I am kind of jealous of the fact that he can do so without gaining weight like crazy, seeing as he is still growing (even though he's already taller than me - sigh). Seeing as it's his birthday later this month I figured I'd create a cupcake he'd be dying to eat. And I must say - I delivered! I baked around seven of them and he ate four the night I made them and then interrogated the rest of the house when there were only two left the day after when he came home from school (don't look at me, I didn't eat it! *cough cough*)

The frosting consists of powdered sugar, nutella and non-sweetened cocoa powder. When whisked for a few minutes it developes a gorgeous shimmer and looks so rich and smooth you just wanna take a spoon and eat it like that. Come to think of it, it would probably taste pretty good on a warm slice of toast as well.....







do you love a kind of food as much as my brother loves peanutbutter? I personally can't get enough of pasta...I love it!

xoxo

Laura

No comments: